If your Solar Lights go out in your yard, Do NOT throw them away. All you need is a battery change and I will show you how to do that in this video. I hope this helps you save some money on lights!
Video Rating: / 5
Garden + Lights = Extra fun!
Deckey 30 LED Lighting Chain 20FT/6M Outdoor String Light Solar Powered Waterproof Starry Fairy Lighting Christmas Decoration Flashing Lights for Patio Gardens House Yard( the Shape of Ice Piton) by Deckey (Amazon item here: http://amzn.to/255O2oY)
My younger son is in Cub Scouts and his summer project is to grow a vegetable garden. We decided to make it a container garden since our soil has so much clay. We decorated his garden with these pretty lights since they’re solar and can handle rain and outdoor conditions. They look awesome!!!
1) They’re so colorful and he loves the unique bubbly design that looks like frozen ice pitons or even icicles! Very whimsical and fun!
2) Long lights (20 feet long)
3) There’s 30 LED lights
4) Flash mode or steady light mode (I discovered this when we were testing them out at night after a day charging in the sunshine)
5) I love that they’re rechargeable with 1.2V 600mAh NI-MH battery that is solar powered! No need to replace any batteries.
6) Earth friendly – no pollution to environment
7) Not too bright, just the right amount for decorative purposes
8) Super easy to put the spike together and attach to the solar piece. Took hardly any time to install this.
9) Easy to understand directions
Note: I haven’t timed exactly how long these last. I go to bed around 10 or 11 pm and they last from dark to past my bedtime! (So, at least 3+ hours)
If any lights burn out, you cannot replace them. However, I cannot imagine needing to replace them for a very long time. The products specs claim total working time more than 10,000 hours.
LEDwatcher.com site clarifies the IP rating:
IP44 (usually motion activated solar flood lights) – Some flood light fixtures with motion sensor and solar panel can have IP44 rating. This means that lighting fixture is protected against solid objects greater than 1.0mm and is protected against water splashing from any direction.
I was very happy to receive this set of LED solar lights at no cost in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I was not paid to review this item. I just like to test cool new stuff out!
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)