Planting Blueberries in Planter Boxes

Today I am planting my Elliot Blueberries and my Legacy Blueberries. As an experiment, one planter box contains an acid loving mix I purchased from the local nursery. The other box is a mix of peat moss, perlite and native soil.

If you would like to build these boxes, visit my other channel:

• Victoria Nguyen 2 months ago

What was the outcome of the experiment? Which soil mix was better?

• Joe Scott 2 months ago

My guess is 50% ground bark for a lower ph. That is very, very expensive bark that is a totally waste product anyway. Bark takes like 1000 years to breakdown. LOL Bat Guano is very high in nitrogen. Even higher than chicken manure. God Bless

• LARK'S GARDENS 2 months ago

I subbed and look forward to your blueberry growing. I conditioned my soil Fall 2014 and plan on planting my blueberries in April or May.  I am in Wisconsin, zone 4/5.  I am buying the 'Artic' series. Thank you for the video & info.

• wwolfstar88 2 months ago

i just found you on YT….. you are great and do a great demonstration. So appreciate the info so far.. peace.doc

• Tomato Geeks 2 months ago

I dug a hole, put in a handful of peat and mine are doing fine.

• Alberta Urban Garden Simple Organic and Sustainable 2 months ago

That acid loving mix likely has a good amount of nutrients already in it. You could probably not use any fertilizer on it and get a year or two of growth. Following that your probably going to need to supplement with something. My preference is free and local resources like leaves, used coffee grounds and comfrey.

• Mark Biergarten 2 months ago

Whats the plan for watering the planters mid summer?

• MIgardener | Simple Organic Gardening & Sustainable Living 2 months ago

I love those boxes! Very nifty, and super elegant. I might make like 10 of them for my patio around my house. Thanks!