How to Make Fairy Furniture Out of Clay & Rocks: Part 1, DIY Fairy Garden Bench

Take your fairy furniture to the next level with this enchanting DIY fairy garden bench tutorial. I show you how to make natural looking fairy furniture using faux stone polymer clay (Premo Gray Granite), lake rocks, and faux moss. I want to provide sculpting principles and experience because I’m thrilled to inspire you to create fairy furniture entirely your own.

This is Part 1 of a two part series. In this video I go over materials, and I demonstrate sculpting and how to make the wire armature. In Part 2, I will provide tips on painting and I will demonstrate how to use a two-part epoxy glue to add the rocks. Here is the link for Part 2: https://youtu.be/qRPI1r6grIw

SUPPLY LIST for the fairy love seat:

Hi, I’m Caroline, and I’m here to help you create a miniature fairy tale world of your own with weekly miniature art and doll making videos. Subscribe to keep up with my artsy fairy tale miniature making nonsense.

• Maria del Carmen Teramo 2 years ago

No tengo forma de comprar la maquina,quisiera saber de que esta compuesta la arcilla y si lograre hacer esta preciosidad ,Desde ya muchas gracias y qyque Dios bendiga sus manos tan magicas.

• scrapper v 2 years ago

wow that is so amazing, i love how the faces transform, i cant wait to start trying on my own, love the bench idea, thanks for the tutorial.

• Tori Cottontail 2 years ago

I'd love to have people furniture from you

• Kathleen Russell 2 years ago

i should clarify. when i said "narrating", i didnt just mean speaking. The demonstration and visual clarity – along with writing and speaking, really communicate the "how to do it" . The music sets the tone.

Personally, I liked hearing you speak. it makes you real and approachable. but i dont think youve gotta be constantly narrating. i do think a combo of verbal and written sounds great. mixing it up too works and keeps it fresh.

Funny, when I thought about the pumpkin video, I thought you'd been narrating. I looked at it again, and was really suprised. Maybe because I had watched other videos again. But because you are so clear in your videos, it is as if you were talking me through it.

• Kathleen Russell 2 years ago

i should clarify. when i said "narrating", i didnt just mram speaking. The demonstration and visual clarity – along with writing and speaking, really communicate the "how to do it" . The music sets the tone.

• Kathleen Russell 2 years ago

Thank you so much for your wealth of videos with narrative. I am a frustrated sculptor, but no more. Your amazingly clear and creative approaches to seemingly complex execution issues are inspired. I look forward to every video. I'm learning so much.

• Thiya 90 2 years ago

Subscribed Madam, ur work is out of the world. Its too beautiful and wonderful. One day i will purchase one of ur fairy, i hope. A warm hug frm me.

• Naomi Bodley 2 years ago

hi Caroline love your videos! im building a fairy garden/house for my daughter i made some garden accessories with bits i collected from the garden but they didnt last….Would you make a vid for garden accessories please xx

• Tom Jones 2 years ago

This is just AMAZING! Love it.. I will see if I can turn my hand to make such art works! Great Video..

• Bobbie Hernandez 2 years ago

I enjoyed you diy videos.Just started a new hobby, miniature gardens. Thought it would be lovely to add details by making this diy fairy stuff myself. Thanks for sharing & more power!! ?

• Eboni Louigarde 2 years ago

You are an amazing artist omg I wish I was as Good as you. You are an inspiration to me ??

• kim ryan 2 years ago

is this music the nut cracker or swan lake?

• ELISIANE SCHULZ 2 years ago

I LOVED

• Margaret Patterson 2 years ago

Thank you so very much for your tutorials. I'd ordered a little fairy house for my niece to put in her butterfly garden. Then I started looking for little accessories. Holy moly! Crazy expensive! These are absolutely charming. I'm headed to the craft shop in the morning for polymer clay or maybe kids modeling clay and other supplies. Wish me luck.

• MsMarilynGray 2 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this little bench! How creative! This is my 4th or 5th time watching…surely do enjoy it…Would love to see you making the wire armature a little slower so I could follow it closer. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!

• Elizabeth Lloyd 2 years ago

this is so extraordinary– what an inspiration <3

• sadirah freeman 2 years ago

• sadirah freeman 2 years ago

that most likely is him he is on instagram @patch atomz and yes I am interested in art I like working with clay and I draw I am kinda a beginner with clay I like made food and some other stuff these videos of yours I find really helpful to me to kinda create some more realistic looking clay pieces my insta is ceil.the.marshmellow

• sadirah freeman 2 years ago