How to Get FREE Strawberry Plants From Your Garden!

How to Get FREE Strawberry Plants From Your Garden!

FREE Strawberry Plants!

Subscribe:http://www.youtube.com/user/thepermaculturgarden?sub_confirmation=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/james.prigioni

LAWN TO HIGH PRODUCTION FOOD FOREST: https://youtu.be/7ByAh_0CIW8

My Secret RARE Fruit Tree, PERSIMMONS!!

• Jena Troelsgaard 4 months ago

If you have room, an elderberry tree? Just promise me you don't try eat the berries raw!! lol European blueberry is also something. They grow in the forests here. Smaller and not as high yield, but the berries are coloured through with blue.. a true blue mouth experience. lol Only wee things you can fit in between your other acid loving plants. Lastly, sea buckthorn. It grows wild here by the fjord. Now, the taste is lovely really.. but how to pick them is a fucking pain in the arse. Birds won't touch them until first frost. So what you usually do is cut whole branches with berries off and shove them in the freezer. Then when frozen you can remove the berries from between the thorns and they also will have unlocked their sweetness. They are healthy, but such a pain. I believe you need both male and female plants.. so quite the hassle. 😀 Imagine your fingers being frozen from removing the berries (that would mush otherwise) and so you can't feel when you spear your fingers on the thorns. BUT.. sea buckthorn is something.. the taste is something special I think. Why I generally bother every autumn to go collect at least a few.

• Miss Lykaa 4 months ago

You should growing a watermelon..😁

• WEMFR ERNR 4 months ago

Where do you order your seeds from?

• Ali's Allotment 4 months ago

Really cool video. It's great to show people how to grow strawberries from runners.

• Triplaglol 4 months ago

you should plant some giant sunflowers, i'm curious how large they would get in woodchips…

• Planetary Awareness 4 months ago

Also, aronia berries!

• Planetary Awareness 4 months ago

Try jujubee and more persimmons!

• Michael Bodley 4 months ago

Hey James, great vid as always, I'd love to see you plant some of the more unusual varients of berries and fruits, I'm getting my woodchips soon! Can't wait! As for planting tree saplings, is mid summer a good time to order them and get em in before the first frosts, usually October here in Northern England or would it be best done in spring? I'm eager to start but the I'll not be ready till mid July? I was thinking/hoping the sooner in the better

• Jennifer Prescott 4 months ago

Ground cherries?

• James Fox 4 months ago

Dude put in a Pindo Palm! Its a palm that grows as low as zone 5 or 6 and puts out jelly fruits in clusters like dates.

• Craig Wilson 4 months ago

And yes James, you need a bee hive.

• dymondwillow2 4 months ago

In your thumbnail you have a pic of sliced strawberries to propagate? how about growing carrots, radishes, onions, goji berries, pomegranates!

• Stephen Tomes 4 months ago

Get some more nut bushes or trees in great for protein and nutrients. Also peanuts or edamame beans

• Anthon Berger 4 months ago

Potatoes,and sweet corn

• brock griffith 4 months ago

okra, eggplants, melons! love the channel and thank you for asking for our feedback. so refreshing to have someone whos giving advice to occasionally ask for ours. God Bless

• Grady Vasil 4 months ago

Howdy James, I was happy to get a response from you last video! Youtube really has helped connect permaculturalists all across the country/world. Please plant a couple Redbud trees in the new food forest, I promise you won't be disappointed. Justin Rhodes visited Stefan Sobkowiak's permaculture orchard and he plants nitrogen fixers and some nuts between his fruit trees, including Redbud. Stefan has a channel now too, you should check it out. Has some pretty inspirational things happening in his orchard. I still like your food forest more though! 😀

• Patsy Moleni 4 months ago

Do you have problems with 🐿?

• Craig Wilson 4 months ago

Do you have an Haskap berries planted? Thanks James.

• Fred Henderson 4 months ago

What is the name of the red plastic cups you use and where did you get them. I vote for bees to as an addition to your amazing garden!

• Jimmy SirLonewolf 4 months ago

Can you help me understand why I have problems with my apple tree?
    I bought a young tree 3 years ago in the spring from a nursery. That first summer never gave any apples, as expected.
    Last spring/summer it produced a ton of flowers but only e few became apples, and the apples were really small. Less than half the size expected from that variety. This year it have set a ton of leaves but not any flowers yet. But if I recall from last year, there should have been flowers already.
    We've had a lot of sunny days and heat since May, so I would have expected a lot of flowers by now. Am I doing something wrong?