A Complete Guide to Vertical Gardening (On A Budget!) | Growing Food Made Simple

So many people dismiss growing vertically in their garden assuming it isn’t worth the cost or effort. Today I’m telling you, from my experience, the many benefits of vertical gardening, how to do it cheaply, and what you can grow!

(Our 10,000 square foot garden is located in Central Arkansas, Zone 7b)

Our Instagram: www.instagram.com/roots_and_refuge
Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rootsandrefuge/
My Infrequently updated blog: www.thehodgepodgedarling.blogspot.com
My Articles in Do South Magazine: http://dosouthmagazine.com/?s=jessica+sowards

Our music is by Daniel Smith

• CITYFOLK GARDENING 2 months ago

You hv a great garden. Cnt wait til i gt more property. Great job

• Trevor Westin 2 months ago

Thank you so much for putting so much work into this video. I’ve been looking for ways to make a backyard garden and I rent so it’s hard. I’m trying to find the least invasive way to grow in my situation and I think vertical may be the answer.
    Again, thank you so much for all you do!

• Saeed Alkhulaidi 2 months ago

how many feet wide is your walkway between the side raised beds, great video

• Melanie Risley 2 months ago

I look forward to all of your videos and all of your posts and stories on IG. I have learned SO MUCH from you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful space with us and showing us that having a beautiful, functional garden is completely possible.

• Melissa Varone 2 months ago

Thank you for the comparison of pole/bush beans to determinate/indeterminate tomatoes.  Very helpful!

• Courtney Miles 2 months ago

Wonderful and informative video! Thank you for sharing. I will be definitely be saving for future use. Much love and happy gardening from Crossett, AR!

• Louisiana Gardening Family 2 months ago

Today's as good a day as any to get a little more watch time:)

• TR K 2 months ago

Excellent video. Very educational. Saving up for cattle panels next year.

• Natalie Argo 2 months ago

As always, love your videos. I'm curious what your filming set up is?!

• James Couch 2 months ago

Check your local facebook exchanges and craigslist for gates and fencing material…you can find some bargains. We fenced and cross fenced 200 acres and saved a ton of money. Also the local dial-a-trade and magazines.

• James Couch 2 months ago

Great video! Thanks for sharing. You are obviously a great gardener.

• Tammy Hanson 2 months ago

I just subscribed to your channel. All this trellising is very very interesting to me. We’ve got 6 foot dog kennel panels just sitting here. What a great idea to grow my beans and cukes on. But how do you affix them in the ground? Please please someone answer my question. PLEASE
    THANKS 🙏

• Urban Wood Nymph 2 months ago

great video thanks~! Im going to get vertical!!!

• Chris Tina 2 months ago

❤️ very good information ty

• UncleDutchFarms 2 months ago

I love the cattle panel trellis – I only have one arch and one laid on it's side, but I wish I could get some more. Need a truck though! I suspect transportation is one of the hardest parts of working with cattle panels. You've inspired me though, I have to say… maybe next year I'll see if I can't borrow a truck to go get a bunch more. I'm doing an expansion on the garden so might as well, right? I do agree it is much more beautiful growing things on an arched trellis like that rather than standard "sprawl all over" like you'd have with most gardens.

• Dr Frankenmonster 2 months ago

This is great. I'm currently working with a 16×8 balcony for my growing as we live in an efficiency apartment, and I've just added some twine horizontally to the balcony rails to help support our tomatoes. I've been thinking about finding ways to save space and this gave me some ideas, thanks.

• pat smith 2 months ago

Hello my name is Patricia Smith I am from Mobile Alabama . I have a
    question are you going to do a perennial garden growing some of these vegetables here like artichokes rhubarb asparagus walking onion clumping onions Stevia

• Mats van hullebusch 2 months ago

Are you thinking about expending your garden for next year.

• Garden love 2 months ago

Hi, great video! I defiantly want to do this in my garden. My videos are on how to maximize your space and growing in containers for lack of space. I have room for 2 of these arch trellis. My QUESTION: what 3 plants do you recommend to maximize production of such limited space. I hope to hear from you have a blesses day..

• Frost Hollow Farm 2 months ago

Great video! My local Tractor Supply stores, here in Oklahoma, usually have damaged cattle panels that may be bent some and when they do you can get them for 50% off which makes them about $10 each.