Baby Quinault Strawberry Plants

• Brett Champagne 2 months ago

In southeast Louisiana I have many strawberries in pots and one in a hanging basket 5 feet high under a car port. Many of the ones in pots on the ground are eaten on by slugs. The ones grown in the hanging basket are perfect. I am waiting for hanging stackable planters to arrive that I will attach to a post to replicate the success I have had growing strawberries off the ground and I would recommend that to anyone.

• Danny Peace 2 months ago

Next time you remulch, try to locate wood chips from an arborist/tree trimming service for free (usually). Some of the dyes and other chemicals they put in colored mulch can be harmful to soil microbes. Morning gardener has it right compost, compost, compost. Great looking strawberries, I'm in the same boat, just started some for the first time. Update so you can teach me a thing or two. Have a good day.

• Vi McShannon 2 months ago

They look like they are doing pretty good. I always take off the fruit the first month because I want them to put their energy in to building a strong root system. After that I let them go. 😁👍

• Little Bean's Garden 2 months ago

They definitely do look happy . 😊

• Jenny's Allotment Diary 2 months ago

They look like strong little plants! I'm sorry i dont have any tips i havent done them before either 😯 but you look like your nurturing and dedicated to them so i think they'll be just fine 😊 take care

• Linda Penney 2 months ago

Awesome update thank you for sharing

• Rev John O'Toole 2 months ago

you might consider using straw, not hay but straw as a mulch instead of wood chips, it would be a less acidic.
    best

• Tera P 2 months ago

Looks like you've done everything right…You just have to watch out for the slugs and birds…In a few years you will have a whole strawberry patch 🙂

• MORNING GARDENER'S SHOW. 2 months ago

yes that's right if you use compost they will be sweeter make compost from leaves in the fall always collect those leaves

• MORNING GARDENER'S SHOW. 2 months ago

how you doing brother I have grown up I've had all them die period and I kept going here's the deal strawberries grow like a weed if you take care of them. I bought 6 plants on the cheap side about the year and a half later I had over 90 plants. I gave them compost and in the fall I cover them with leaves to keep the weeds out. oh they will grow little things you got to do when you first buy so come for about 4 hours and water then plant them