Category: Heirloom Seeds

Spring Planting Festival at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds Tour + Review

John from http://www.growingyourgreens.com/ goes on a field trip to the Spring Planting Festival at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds in Mansfield, Missouri. In this episode, John will give you a full tour of the spring planting festival and what it is like to be there. You will see all the major areas of the event, as […]

Read More

Latest Heirloom Seeds News

Cucumbers and Pickles Image by Chiot’s Run All of those cucumbers I planted about six weeks ago have started producing. The Monticello inspired teepees have been working well for supporting the vines, they look really lovely now that they’re lush with cucumber and pole bean vines. I have had to train the cucumber vines to […]

Read More

Bakers Creek Heirlooms Seed Co. Tour

Check out our Tour Of Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. We love open pollinated and heirloom seeds, so we are excited to share a tour of one of our favorite seed companies, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. We’ve been buying heirloom seeds from them for many years and love their large selection and quality. Check them […]

Read More

Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company – Rare Seeds

Tour the grounds of Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company in the Ozark area of Missouri (Mansfield). Owner Jere Gettle introduces us to his company and its history. Jere has been gardening since he was a child. He traveled in his to Mexico, Thailand, Guatamala, Belize and Cambodia in his 20’s. He met people who shared […]

Read More

Onions – Seeds, Sets, Or Plants

Today I’m going to teach you what you want to get when you start onions! Video Rating: / 5

Read More

WHY WE DON’T BUY HEIRLOOM SEEDS

I love seeds! I love all seeds. But the seeds I like the best, are the ones that grow the easiest, and create the most productive plants, best suited to my growing conditions and my personal taste preference. For that reason I don’t want to also limit myself to only heirloom or a specific price […]

Read More

Importance of Heirloom Seeds and Self-Sufficiency

Some people may downplay the importance of heirloom seeds, but here is a real world example. #seeds #prepsteading #garden #heirloom Video Rating: / 5

Read More

Medicinal Herb Seed for Your Garden

Click Now: http://homeandgardenamerica.com/buy-survival-seeds-heirloom A recent survey about herbal medicine practices revealed that more people are now growing medicinal herb seeds to create natural home remedies. “Herbs are widely used to enhance the aroma and flavors of our favorite dishes, but they’re getting gaining recognition for their healing qualities these days. Many people use them as […]

Read More

Mary’s Heirloom Seeds 99 Cent Seed Packs

Mary’s Heirloom Seeds 99 Cent Seed Packs 99 Cent Seed Packs Follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/marysheirloomseeds/ Video Rating: / 5

Read More

My garden, with seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company

Welcome to my organic herb and veggie garden! Approximately 95% of my garden is grown with seeds purchased from Baker Creek Heirloom seed company. www.rareseeds.com . The other 5% are purchased live plants like roses, shrubs and things, potatoes and some seeds from another source, to supplement what Baker Creek didn’t carry (as of yet). […]

Read More